Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: Property value is out of bounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRunnerOz

Programmer
Aug 22, 2000
AU
I have a project mostly created in VFP9.
I now need to use some of the controls in VFP7 so I just dragged the class libraries I wanted. Now when I compile
I am getting a "Property value is out of bounds" error (Error 1469) when building my exe..
I am not getting any .err file after building so I don't know what control is the issue. Is there any way of knowing?

I have tried individually compiling each class (compile CLASS xxx.vcx) to work it out but still no dice!

Any hints at identifying the culprit?

Thanks in advance

Michael Ouellette

what classes have you copied? Did you pull VFP9 classes/controls into a VFP7 project? Then you're potentially adding some new properties like Anchor and Memberclass to VFP7, which VFP7 doesn't know and cannot handle. VFP9 classes are not compatible to VFP7, you can't do that.

Bye, Olaf.

Thanks
I should have stated that the project was originally VFP7 then migrated to VFP9. I don't have the original VFP7 classes to use. This problem is that all my code works from the IDE so the offending class is one that I don't even need!

I originally copied classes over one at a time to VFP7 and opened each one individually. Since all was going so well I stopped the individual verification. There's about 125 classes in over a dozen different libraries.

Thanks

Michael Ouellette

Sorry, I can't give any more precise help. You might automate checking all these classes: AVCXCLASSES() will give you an array of class names you can use to MODIFY CLASS NOWAIT and then perhaps find the offending class(es), if the error already pops up when editing such a class, or do COMPILE CLASSLIB..

Bye, Olaf.

Still dead in the water...

I can compile each vcx independently without errors: (compile class ...\libs\base.vcx)
I have even opened each individual class without errors: (MODIFY CLASS calculator OF ...\common\calculator.vcx)
Of course I have 30+ VFP7 libraries and I moved the VFP9 classes into about half of them.

The only time I get the error is when I try to build an exe and no exe is created nor does VFP produce an error file (.err).

Michael Ouellette

In VFP9 you could open the debugger, especially the debug out window and during compile it would at least list what's compiling at the moment, but in VFP9 you don't have the compile error, do you?

The only thing left would be removing classlib after classlib, then compile to find the offending one.

Bye, Olaf.

Yep.. The error was only on VFP7.

I ended up removing a full vcx at a time then recompiled to see if the error was eliminated. It ended up being a vcx that I "temperarily" added to extract one class. I just deleted the whole library and voila! I can now create an exe.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Michael Ouellette

You will get this error if you added a property to Favorites in VFP9. Sorry I didn't answer before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back