Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error processing cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
ID
Hi, i use SQL SErver 2000 with no SP, Analysis Services 8.
I make a database, which the datasource of that database from the server in another computer, using NT Authentication. When i process my cube, i get error message :
Processing Cube 'name' failed. No changes have been made to the database.
Processing Dimension 'namedim' failed. No changes have been
made to the database.
Data Source provider error ;
Process operation failed

WHat is wrong with my datasource or my cube?
Please help me
TIA

Hi,

As I assume, if you test the connection in the data link properties it is OK!
If that's true, i think you should find your solution by instaling service pack 2 at least for Analysis services!

Also recheck your privilegies on both servers!
What kind of authorization do you have on the datasource server! If it's mixed mode try to conect with SQL authorization!!

Bye
Andrej

the user account that you are logged on as has to be a member of the OLAP Administrators group...only user accounts in this group can administer analysis services (process cubes, etc)...
hth,
Michael

Make sure your user name is a member of the OLAP Administrators group...and that the MSSQLServerOLAP service logs on as a user who is a member of the OLAP Administrators group...only a member of the OLAP Administrators group can process a cube...
hth,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back