Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on starting apache with php module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 22, 2002
SG
Hi,

I've tried to install mysql, php & apache. All the installation were successfully made. Also installed flex, gcc, bison pkg. After all had tried to start the apache, it prompted below error,

# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 233 of /Cannot load / into server: ld.so.1: / fatal: relocation error: file / symbol top_module: referenced symbol not found
# uname -a
SunOS fisnext 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

I've tried to edit the php modules in the line of httpd.conf:

LoadModule php4_module /
Seems like my LD_LIBRABRY_PATH is incorrect,

#echo $LD_LIBRABRY_PATH
/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/mysql/lib

Had also upgrade the apache default version from 1.3 to 2.0 but it didnt work too...
Really appreaciate that anyone can help on this.
Thank you.

Can anyone know how to solve below problem?

ldd -d / libresolv.so.2 => /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2
libm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libm.so.1
libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
libnsl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
libsocket.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1
libmp.so.2 => /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
symbol not found: top_module (/ symbol not found: ap_max_requests_per_child (/ symbol not found: ap_group_id (/ symbol not found: ap_server_root (/ symbol not found: ap_user_name (/ symbol not found: ap_user_id (/ /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1
symbol not found: ap_unblock_alarms (/ symbol not found: ap_block_alarms (/

Have you tried adding the / directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/ There may be other shared libraries in there.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

yes, in fact i've add it but seems like there are some modules cant point to the correct library path.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back