Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on saving Import/Export wi to SSIS (2008) - wrong version? No!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshbird

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2000
DE
Hi All,

I'm trying to build up an SSIS package based on some import-export wizards as I'm not yet au fait with SSIS.

My server is SQL 2008 Standard.

When I try to save this I get an error telling my that I must upgrade from SQL Express.

I do have SQL Express on my local machine. Do I need to remove this in order to save packages? I'm really confused at the moment and am manually importing data each month taking almost a day as I can't make an automated process.

Any advice hugely appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Well you cannot do it from SQL Express apparently, but you say you aren't running this on SQL Express?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

I have SQL Express locally on my machine, but I'm connecting to an SQL Standard install (x64) via the SQL Server managment studio.

If I remote access to the server I can do it, but that's not ideal really. Just don't understand. And so far my regional ISIT don't seem to be too sure either.

Fee

For my sins I have to develop SSIS packages for SQL Server 2005; one of the many things I hate about that is that I'm forced to use Visual Studio 2005 to do so. So firstly, ensure that you're using Visual Studio 2008 (or BIDS 2008) if you're working with SQL Server 2008.

You say you're creating the package with wizards - is that within SQL Server Management Studio? If so, and you installed this as part of SQL 2008 Express, you may have to install SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services according to this Microsoft forum post.

Regards

Nelviticus

OK thanks - I guess I need not to start from the wizard. Thanks.

Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back