Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on Data Access Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tburrows

Technical User
Oct 3, 2003
US
I have an Access Project accessing a SQL database. One of the fields in the database is DateCleared and it is formatted as datetime and shortdate.
On a Data Access Page I have the DateCleared field and it is also formatted as short date. However whenever I put in a date in this field I get the following error:

"The data was added or updated in the database, but the data won't be displayed because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the underlying record source."

Any thoughts on what is causing this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

No criteria nor filter applied to DateCleared in the underlaying query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

When I made up the DAP I just inserted the field and made no changes to it. The other two fields that are available for editing are text fields and there is no problem with them. Just the date field.

Tom

No, there is no criteria of filter for DateCleared. I have solved part of the problem in that I turned off warning messages for the page, that takes care of the message box that pops up. If I can find somehow to refresh the DAP after a date is put in DateCleared, I think that will end up working. The warning message has disappeared but the record is stuck until I somehow get out of the page or move to another record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back