Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on compile finding SYSTEM.PAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce2002

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
CA
I have a project that I was originally done in Delphi 2.0, but I am upgrading it to Delphi 4. However, when I try to compile it, I get an immediate error "Cannot find file SYSTEM.PAS". I have checked and the proper file is in the proper Delphi4 directory (I think it's LIB). I don't think it's a problem with the Delphi4 installation anyway, since other projects compile fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just wanted to correct the text of the error message. It is:

"Fatal Error: File not found: 'System.pas'"

Check your Tools | Environment | Library & Directives | Library Path

Make sure PF\Borland\Delphi4\Lib is on it. I'm not sure about the {$DELPHI} stuff, so hard-code the path in to test.

Also, odd-numbered Delphi releases are better than even-numbered ones (One WHo Knows)

Cheers

Thanks, richardchaven, I had tried that to no avail, but ultimately I did find the solution - there was a copy of SYSTEM.DCU from an older version of Delphi in the directory with the project files. It was picking that up and seeing it was the wrong one. Easy fix, but hard to find! :)

Yeah, I should upgrade since version 7 is out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back