Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on Compact Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarson0

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
US
Hi! I am getting an error when I try to compact my database:

Record(s) can't be read; no read permission on [insert path here]

I have tried to delete all of the tables from the database, to see if I could find any problems, but no luck. Even after I have deleted every form, query, table, everything, I still get the error. For a few days I stored this database on our server, which I have read/write access to, and that is when the problem first came up. I made a copy on to my local HD, and still get the error.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

-Brad

How about creating a new database and IMPORTING everything into it. Can't say for sure, but it might work.

Have you managed to get anywhere with this since you posted your request for help? I have the same problem.

Thanks

Steve House
shouse@icaew.co.uk

Steve,

following grnzbra's advice, I think I copy-pasted everything into a new database and that took care of it. This happened a while ago, so I can't say for sure, but that is what I would suggust you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back