Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on Combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachesis

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
NZ
I get the following error message on a combo box I'm using as a finder/locator on many forms. While it works on most forms, it is not working on others - the error seems totally random!!

Here is the error msg:

"The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control."

Any ideas??

It may be a problem that you are having with an Antivirus program blocking the execution of scripts There is info at the Symantec site regarding this problem. If it isn't antivirus software that is causing the problem and you found the cause I am very interested in finding out what it is. I currently have that problem. It only happens when I try to execute code from within subforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back