Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#ERROR on all expressions in report during print

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbaJSmith

Programmer
Sep 17, 2008
US
Hello all:
Running Access 2003.

I have a form that collects optional information from the user, who then clicks the button and runs a report. For instance, the user enters "9/14/10" for the review date, leave the "reviewerName" field blank, and clicks the button to run the report.

The report has several expressions in text boxes. The first two are IIf statements that show data or not based on the optional information from the form. For instance, the "txt_ReviewerName"'s control source (textbox located in the Page Header):
Code:
=IIf(IsNull([reviewerName]),"__________________",[reviewerName])

I also have an expression in a group header that changes name based on the current group (txt_RToolGroup):
Code:
=[reviewToolNameLong] & " Review Tool"

Finally, I have a text box in the Page Footer to calculate the current page (txt_PageNum):
Code:
=IIf([Page] Mod 2<>1,[Page]/2,([Page]/2)+0.5)

These expressions generate with no errors when I run the report on screen. When I try to *print* the report, however, all the calculated fields print as "#ERROR". Someone please explain to me what is going on here and how I can correct this. Thanks!

Does the report pri8nt fine if you print is directl;y to the print without first previewing?

Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach
Microsoft Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back