Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error of recovering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
FR
Hello,

I've got a problem when i try to recover some folders on the networker server from two differents server.

I got the following message :

unknown error 1326 ( 0x52e )

If someone can help me...

Regards

Hey - Is this NetWorker for Windows? If so, and it's in a workgroup, make sure that the backup servers and clients you're recovering from use the same username and passwords (in the client profile).

Good luck!

-ag100

ag100 - you name it. With this kind of decription anybody can assume anything. Unfortunately, this can be seen very often in this forum. The best i can remember happened some weeks ago: "We use Legato ..."

How can somebody assume to receive a useful answer if he is not providing essential information? - What is so different with respect to any other areas in his life, that he is not even thinking about it?

No input means no output - it is as simple as that.

Thanks a lot AG100 that's why it didn't work..the client machine had the same login but not the same password.

Now it's solved but is there a way to make it worked without having the same passwoed???

regards

Not that I know of, sorry.

605 - I understand where you're coming from, but hopefully, as people get a bit more familiar with what is required to troubleshoot (assuming we have some beginners around), we'll see more of that information up front.

Take it easy...

-ag100

ag100,

i think it does not really have to do with my nature as this is what one has to do in all areas of life. It is nothing else but natural - if you want somebody's assistance
to help you in whatever situation
- as fast as possible and
- as good as possible
you have to describe the problem as precisely as possible.
Assumptions may be correct but they can fail as well. So i am not demanding something unusual and impossible. The only issue is that we (all of us) cannot investigate a member's system or environment by ourselves - we have to rely on whatever info is provided. And this does not even cover the minimum to 70%.

I do not want to come up with a kind of checklist because in general i like the idea to only describe what is really necessary. However, this must be done at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back