Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error of Messaging 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk69

MIS
May 29, 2020
PK
Hi I am getting two error while working with avaya messaging 7.1 application.

1- One of our tech mistakenly deleted a SIP J129 users as well as from deleted user TAB also. This user have two new messages in his mailbox and he was logged in when the tech deleted this user. Deletion didnt come out with any error. Now we are trying to create the same user through SMGR we get
" MESSCOMMPROFILE0007" error. I followed the avaya web site ans checked different documents and Knowledge base and tried the suggested solution but still getting the same error.

2- I have created a new site ABC in the messaging server. When i create a Mailbox user manually from Messaging Web page after selecting the new site ABC, it gets created but when i try to initialize the mail box i get error voice message that this user does not extist. When i change the site to default i get through and Mailbox initialize successfully.

Any help in above queries?

MESSCOMMPROFILE0007 seems generic enough that it could apply to any AAM operation that's refused.

You should have something in /var/log/Avaya/mgmt/messaging or iptcmm in like a debug log that tells you more.

Otherwise, does the problem follow the name or the extension? If the user was extn 1234 and name john.smith, if you make user 1234 with name john.smith2, does it work? What about 2345 and john.smith?

Smells like you might need a AAM guy to clear something dirty out of the AAM database

Kyle thanks for the support. Can you refer some maintenance document of AAM i may follow to check these issue?

You will need to run a Lindex on the system to clean out the corruption from the deletion while in use.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Poet and lindex are a Linux based data base repair utility

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks for the info. Is it freeware software, can you please share a safe download link? Is it safe to run this software on ACR machine?

Regards.

It's meant for AAM only.

It is loaded by default with the application.

It is certainly not meant to be used by a customer and requires some special knowledge of what it does and how it does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back