Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error number -239 with Impromptu 7.0.809.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpcognos

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
DE
Hello together,

i created a complex report which also uses Oracle stored procedures. i created it with impromptu 6.0.613.0 and it works fine. now i want to run the same report with impromptu 7.0.809.0 and i get the following error:

Error number -239:

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'prepare request with options'.
DMS-E-SS_SQL_SYNTAX, A syntax error was detected in the SQL request.
DMS-E-SS_SYNTAX, A syntax error was detected near 'NULL'.

i also tried to upgrade this report/catalog to version 7.

Not even the cognos guys can help me!

Have someone of you an idea whats wrong?

brgds and tnx,

Roland

Just out of curiosity, have you tried to recreate the report to see if it works? This may be an upgrade/version compatibility issue, and creating the report from scratch in the new version may resolve it.

Can you open it without the database attached? Have you checked that the Query processing is checked on the "Database only" for the Client/Server tab? If not, open it in 6.0 and check that if it is an option for you, and then save it and try to open again in 7.0. Might help, not sure.

CP [cook]

Hello together,

thanks for your quick replys! In the meantime i could solve the problem. it was very crazy:

the following Query-data-item (i use this item in the report-footer only to inform the user if there is some base-data missing...)produces the error:

-->if (item_x is missing) then ('Inform the user') else NULL

i changed the item-definition to:

-->if (item_x is missing) then ('Inform the user') else (' ')

and after this the report works fine with Version 7.x (as under Version 6.x)

Roland

hi, i have not worked with Impromptu 7 but going from the resolution posted, does it mean that there is no NULL in Impromptu 7 ???

I had this problem in Impromptu 6 when connecting to DB2 on os/390 when NULL in Impromptu was not being recognised. So i used to compare with ''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back