Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: No Function Definition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabjro

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
Below is a copy of my text window after opening a drawing and running two commands. The list command and the filter command. Look at the errors. This only happens in some drawings that I am getting from another party. I have no direct relationship with the engineering firm that created the drawing, so I am left on my own to fix the problem. These errors cause many commands to fail all together. Has anyone seen anything like it? Also, any entities that I create in this drawing and bring into another drawing causes the problem to migrate with the entity and therefore makes the good drawing bad. This is regardless of the method (cut/paste dxfout etc.)that I use to copy the entity from the bad drawing to the good one.
Recover, audit and reinit have no impact. See below. Thank you
Opening an AutoCAD 2000 format file.
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [fkstd.shx].
Regenerating model.

--------------ACAD TEXT WINDOW--------------------

Grid too dense to display

AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2000 Autodesk, Inc.
; error: no function definition: VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACK

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
Command: list

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:
TEXT Layer: "test"
Space: Model space
Handle = E09
Style = "FKSTD"
Font file = fkstd.shx
substituted by simplex.shx
center point, X=6396'-0 1/4" Y=8994'-7 1/4" Z= 0'-0"
height 0'-10 1/2"
text L
rotation angle 356.00
width scale factor 0.7500
obliquing angle 0.00
generation normal

Command: filter

Initializing... FILTER loaded.
Syntax error in Named Filter List file. Delete filter.nfl.no function
definition: VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACK; error: no function definition:
VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACK

Error: no function definition: VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACK; error: An error has
occurred inside the *error* functionno function definition:
; error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functionno function
definition: VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACK
no function definition: VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACKno function definition:
VARIABLE-REACTOR-CALLBACK; error: no function definition:

Command:

It appears to me that a reactor is attached to the drawing, that is looking for a routine you don't have. I *think* you can purge out rector stuff by "saving as" or "dxf out to" a R14 file.

Thank you CarlAK, I will try that. What is a reactor? Is something created by a third party software? Thanks for your help.

Mabjro.

I tried to saveas and/or dxfout as R14. No success. If anyone has any ideas it would sure make my day. Autodesk's website does not have much on this topic.

Thank you,
Mabjro

Mabjro,

To answer your question, reactors are Visual LISP objects that a programmer can add to almost any object/entity in an AutoCAD drawing to cause an event to be triggered. These are persistent objects and even have DXF codes (meaning AutoCAD recognizes them when you perform a DXFIN). They are standard AutoCAD/AutoLISP functions and are documented in AutoCAD's help files if you are interested in learning about them. A typical use for reactors is a timestamp when plotting, saving etc which gets attached to text somewhere near a title block etc.

A couple of things for you to try:

1. Type at the command line:
(vl-load-com)
typing this will enable the reactor callback functions - hopefully eliminating your error.

2. Type the following command at the command line:
(vlr-remove-all :vlr-object-reactor)
typing this will disable the reactor.
3. Try changing the DXF file version to 12 or saving the file as a release 12 file.

I'm on my way out the door for the day, but I'll check back first thing in the morning in case you have more trouble.

Todd

Todd,

Thank you for your well thought out reply. I was on the road Friday and did not see it until today, Monday. I tried your suggestions in the order that you suggested them. I had success with the last suggestion of saving to an R12 dxf file. You and CarlAK are obviously experts, in my opinion (that of a 15 year AutoCAD veteran) and will get stars as a token of my gratitude.

Thank you,
Mabjro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back