Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error msg [ORA-00942: table or view does not exist]

Status
Not open for further replies.

drseuss

MIS
Dec 16, 2002
US
I'm running Informatica PowerCenter on WinNT Server 4.0. I got these error msgs when checking the event viewer:

< Database driver error...[ORA-00942: table or view does not exist]PrepareDELETE FROM OPB_SRVR_RECOVERY WHERE SESSION_ID = ?] >
< An error occurred while accessing the repository[ORA-00942: table or view does not exist] >
< ERROR: Failed to cleanup the RECOVERY Table... >

The Informatica services are started though, and I don't have a problem connecting to the server from the server manager. I'm not having a problem connecting to repositories in the designer either.
Is the error msgs anything to worry about?

Hi ,
Check the DSN you created.
Check the repository user privileges.
give all the privileges.
It might be a table lock problem.
Check above and let me know how it goes.
Godd luck.
joe

Hello dr,

With installing informatica on the server you can choose to enable or disable recovery. If you set this to disable, the repository will not create table OPB_SRVR_RECOVERY I expect (since i run without recovery and my repository does not hold a table by that name)
I can imagine that if you run sessions with the 'perform recovery' enabled (Log& Error handling) the server manager will not be able to meet requirements and give an error message.
This is more a thought than actual experience, so do some checking if it holds any truth T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back