Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2001
US
Here is a synopsis of the problems so far.

0E:0028:42444752 (received 17 crashes, resolution is only to remove power source from computer, connect power to computer and boot up by depressing power on switch. Computer goes to scandisk, finds zero errors.)

0E:0028:C00119BF (received 23 crashes, resolution is to powerdown computer by removing power source from the computer. Reconnect power source, boot up. Computer goes to scandisk no errors found)

06:0028:00000002 (received 19 crashes. Resolution is to powerdown computer. *in the future, when I refer to powerdown the computer it means the only resolution to recover from the crash is that the source of power to the
computer has been removed and then reconnected after a 15 second wait. the power is then reconnected to the computer and the computer poweron switch is depressed* Computer goes to scandisk, no errors found)

06:E22C:00000045 (received 14 crashes. Recovered from blue screen of death when <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> was depressed. images on screen were of last running programs, i.e., outlook express, internet explorer, DUN, System clock,
Norton, volume control. System was still locked up. <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> resulted in shutdown and normal restart of system, system went directly to user logon. Did scandisk from system tools, scandisk came upon with two lost files, examined files, files were from web page. At this point I reinstalled internet explorer 5.50.4134.0600. deleted restored fragmented files, did defrag on computer. btw, each crash resulted in same troubleshooting response by myself, however after reinstall fourteen, I went to control
panel, add/remove programs, highlighted IE, and selected repaired option )
This particular error message has not reoccurred since then. I am therefore assuming this particular error message is not related to the others and is directly connected the software program IE.)

0D:C250:C002DB65 (received 3 crashes, powerdown. Scandisk, no errors detected.)

0D:B208:00000000 (if when locked, any key is depressed, screen computer goes to blue screen of death. <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> results in screen of death going
away. *screen of death states that system has suffered internal error and to depress any key* Computer comes back, but is completely locked up with the exception <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> results taskmanager coming onscreen. Computer is still locked, can not use tab to bounce between options, can not get grid around end task. <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> depressed three times results in
computer shutdown. Immediate normal reboot. computer goes to user logon selection. select my access and logon. Upon logon, active desktop recovery error is displayed. I turn off active desktop and run repair browser. turn
active desktop back on. Scandisk finds files lost. delete lost
files.convinced this error is not related to other errors due to different
response requirements)

system shutdown, 4 times
No error message, simply goes to HP bootup screen remains fixated there.
amber indicator lit solid, no flickering to indicate working drive. longest
I have left in this state is eleven minutes. Upon powerdown, system comes up
to black screen, 2 beeps. error 0251 systems CMOS checksum bad, default
configuration used, Press <f1> to setup, <f2> to resume.
on one occasion error message was immediately following listing of ATAPI
CD-ROM: Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1502. went to device manager, device manager
indicated device was operating properly. Two other occasions of shutdown
resulted in message about keyboard and mouse. Once again, device manager
indicated all was normal with devices.
I seem to recall a boot logfile for devices, but was unable to find one.

0E:0028:72694400 (occurred 9 times. powerdown. reboot to scandisk no errors
found.)

0E:0028:6E6C2E73 (received 5 times. Powerdown. Reboot resulted scandisk, no
errors found)

checked cables as indicated in email from HP, cable appears to be correct,The cable that goes from the m/b to the hard drive is 30awg, csa ll80671 awm IA FT1.
It appears to be 1/2 inch greater in width than the floppy cable. The strands on the cable are considerably finer than the strands going to the CD-ROM and DVD player.
The cable going to the DVD player and CD-ROM is labeled 28awg LL80671 IA FT1 R1awm e1013342651 with the rest of the numbers unreadable due to the clip connecting it to the drive.
Therefore my conclusion is that the cable going from the hard drive to the m/b is the proper cable, based on visual examination given the data HP provided.

do you have any other ideas?

Hi,
Try a search on *.tmp files and dump them all and reboot.If it continues,create a config.sys if there is not one already in your root and add the following lines:

STACKS=64,512
FILES=60
BUFFERS=40

then reboot.

Should be a little more stable.

Hope if works for ya!

Lou2

Well I gave it a try, I will keep you advised as to the results. I checked the config.sys file through notepad, one was present but it had no content.
So i wrote the script and saved it and rebooted.
I also deleted only the temp files that had no contents. I left the tmp files that were in the system folder alone, those I had deleted before on a machine, (saving them to disk fortunately) and nothing worked. So I reinstalled the files and everything worked, I think the system tmps are needed files for component or program operation. Not sure, MS has not answered my email inquiry to them about that issue.

Thanks a lot

Clean out your C:\windows\temp directory. You can safely delete all files in this directory. I usually put these 3 lines in all my autoexec.bat's.

deltree /y c:\windows\temp
cd\windows
md temp

Cleans it out everytime pc is rebooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back