Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Messages In Log - unable to open file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadonn

Technical User
Sep 25, 2000
CA
Hi, our Exchanges backups are running and using ArcServeIT, but if I check the activity log, there are about six error msg:

unable to open file (File=C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect|Virus\WordPad RBO, EC=Access Denied

OR

unable to open file (File=C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect|VirusXCP06013.HTM

I have tried to search for these files and cannot seem to get the error msg to disappear.

Suggestions?

Cathy

I think what you are dealing there are files that are quarantined by your Trend (antivirus) software. I have seen the same thing. The quarantine is so rock solid, it won't even let you back up an infected file to tape. This is really a good thing, and for your protection.

While we use Trend here, I'm not the admin. I can't give you the details about exactly how to do it, but you need to use the Trend software to clear out your quarantined files, and your problem should go away.

Thanks - I will look through our Trend documentation.

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back