Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCorrigan

MIS
Feb 24, 2004
MT
I get the following error when trying to open the Reports Tab "Operation failed, no current record"

Can anyone shed any light?

TIA

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

RCorrigan,

Can you provide more details on the problem:
1. Is it on a particular report or all reports?
2. Is it on all client machine or all machines?
3. Are the latest SU/Patches installed on both Server and Clients?

Hopefully we can isolate the problem and solve it :)

1) It is the tab that opens the report window
2) Just the server
3) Yes

TIA

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

RCorrigan,

1. I guess you are using Symposium Express. What is the version of the SECC ?
2. Currently do you have any secc client installed on seperate machine?

I have not seen this problem before, thus I don't have any workaround to solve it. However, my personal opinion is to uninstall the client software and reinstall it again (I guess it will be difficult since it's installed on the server).

I provided detail on how we get around this all-too-prevalent problem. It seems to be happen if the workstation has an unexpected failure (power loss or someone logs off and the reports don't run). My posting is from 4/9, but the guts are:
1. Login to SYmposium with your sysadmin acount.
2. Clear all the jobs out of the scheduler - this will kill any future scheduled jobs.
3. log back in and requeue all the scheduled jobs.

If you can't find my original posting, let me know and I'll paste the detail in this thread, too!
good luck

Here are the gory details:
Resolved, with a bit of help from tier 2 support as well as some pure luck:
- After the initial problem, we tried to delete the user and recreate, but then saw two errors on the server, indicating there was a problem deleting the user. Turns out you need to go into the scheduler and delete ALL the scheduled reports tied to that user, in order to be able to delete it.
- once the reports were deleted from the scheduler, I still could not see the original user in the normal user admin screen, so I went into the advanced functions and saw the account there.
- Nortel training warns against any user admin at this screen, but since the account was already broken and I couldn't see the account on the normal user admin, I decided to try to delete it, now that the scheduler was clean. Now the account deleted!
- went back into the normal user admin screen (use the Wizard Manager option under Windows) and created the user, with the same PC id that we had before
- on client workstation, opened nicrpt.mdb, opened the reports table, and took out the check in the active field, where the owner name was the same as my account; I don't know if this step was necessary, but I still don't understand the layers of PC/server authentication for this application, so I thought it best to clear this field rather than potentially cause any grief with this scheduler function.
- launched the client and logged in successfully. Things seem to be working, including activating the scheduled reports...

A few other things I noted:
- we run a Novell client; logging in to the workstation locally did not have any impact on the situation;
- we also normally roam our Novell profiles and stacking local profiles do not seem to cause problems with the application, providing the registry is getting the HKCU merge it needs to run the application for any user
- rebooting the server had no impact on the acccount delete error - the key there seems to be to delete associated jobs out of the scheduler prior to manipulating an account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back