Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon147

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
CA
When I try to open a table I get this message.

"The function you entered can't be used in this expression.

*You may have used a DoEvents, LBound, UBound, Spc, or Tab function in an expression.

*You may have used an SQL aggregate function, such as count, in a design grid or in a calculated control or field."

I don't recall doing any of the above but I have made a mistake. Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem.

Help Appreciated.

Thanks,
George

The only other details that I can give is that this only happens when I try to open tables in design view or otherwise and this also prevents me from saving any changes that I make to a table in design view. The message does not appear when I open forms or reports.

The other thing that I noticed was that I have a date field in every table except one in those tables the statement #Name appears in that field in every table, but the table that does not have a date field does not give me this message when I open it.

Hope this helps
Thanks.

That date field is definitely what's causing your problems. What is the field name? Is it "Date"? If so, change it to something else. Date is the name of a function in Access that returns today's date. Maq B-)
<insert witty signature here>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back