Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigHall

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
US
I am getting an error pop-up on the server that I have Delta and CCC installed. It reads...

"Location:pCWBComms.bas/set_client_settings

Error: 76, path not found"

It looks simple enough, but I can't lock it down. Anyone seen and fixed this before?

Craig

Seems to be a VB error, means file/path can't be found. Suggest you check the program directories for Delta/CCC installed to make sure all applications/DLL's are in correct place. If it comes up constantly I guess it must be a running service trying to access something that has moved. You may have to re-install software to correct the problem. Or service trying to restart, missing db/log file for an application.

I would suggest stopping services in a controlled manner to find out which one it is. Check event log to see if it has any more info in either application or system.

Or Reboot

Or possible FAT table corruption

Or possible spyware/Virus, have you checked this yet?

Or do a software update, not seen this myself ever, but you never know.

Or Re-install applications/System as last resort

Install Deltaserver on a other PC and try to connect to the IP-Office.
If same problem rewrite the config on the IPO, had this some times where the config is dammeged.
Before rewriting default the ipo and connect with the Deltaserver and see if it will connect.

Greets Peter

Damn, I was hoping it was something simple. I have ruled out spyware and temporary corruption. Tahnks for the help guys. I believe that my Delta server is geeked up somewhere. I am getting lots of hiccups and inconsistencies. I suppose it's tiem to reinstall.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back