Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message when I send an email

Status
Not open for further replies.

harjitgill

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2003
GB

Hello All,

I seem to get an error from my exchange2000 which states the below

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE:

Sent:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

username (E-mail) on date

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<mydomain.co.uk #5.5.0 smtp;553-you are trying to use me>

Any help would be gratefull

Do you get this message when sending to someone outside of your organization, or is that the error message that people outside your organization receive when they try to send to you?

A 5.5.0 is fairly generic, but could indicate an incorrect email address at the recipients side.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

i get this message when I reply to an email

Then the problem appears to be on the recipients end, not yours. Contact them via phone and advise them of the error.

Of course, double check the email address you're replying to to make sure it's a good one. Just because you're replying doesn't guarantee it's a good address. The other person could have put an incorrect &quot;reply-to&quot; address in thier client software.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back