Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error message: TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionWrite (send())

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jun 13, 2003
US
Hi everyone,
I set up a customer error messge and auto email which record form data and error details on our web site in order to proactively to monitor what's going on for eCommerce site.
Today, I got one message like this:

* Line, Column:447, -1
* Description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionWrite (send()).

The line 447 is actually like this: set RS = conn.Execute(sQry), the sQry is a regular select statement.
The very interesting thing is, when the error page was displayed to the customer, she click the back button on web browser, and click forward, the receipt page displayed to her.

I just don't get it, can you shed a light on me?
Thank you.

Betty

I believe this is associated with a network issue. Normally a dropped network, which is a pain to try and solve. Could be anything from serious packet collisions to a shaky router. If this is all internal then you might keep an eye on that. If it's over the internet... too many possibilites.

In any case, it shouldn't have anything to do with your code.

Hi,
I checked application log, there is not any error log about network, not any other at that time.

Thank you.

Betty

I am not sure if this is relevant to any update or patch with ODBC driver.

Betty

That error means it's a network issue during the SQL transaction. That's why i was asking.

My suggestion: keep an eye on it to see if it happens again, if so you have an issue you need to trace down. You could even make an error handler like: so give a nice error, or maybe retried the SQL again... You could always have it send yourself an email that the error happened, etc.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back