Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error message "nsd is running"

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2003
ZA
We are running lotus notes 6.5.1. When this user replies to emails he gets the message "NSD is running". I have tried restoring from backup and reinstalling the client.
Any Suggestions

Thanks in advance

I have seen this problem many times, but never so consistent. I used to get this error message at apparently random times of the day, and I'd often have to reboot to get Notes back.

We never did find the cause, but it didn't seem to affect users with newer, higher-spec PCs, so its possible that its related to CPU resources, RAM, etc.

Hi scalie,
I had a similar problem with my notes client recently , no sure whether you continue to face the same problem now. I used to get "NSD is running" error when ever i tried to add/save attachements in notes. I checked the ACL on the folder where the notes client is installed. everything was fine. I just re-created the user's login profile. Luckily problem got resolved.

Have you tried running KillNotes to get rid of the NSD process ?

Pascal.

I have had similar issues and some success with the following...

1) Rename bookmark.nsf and desktop.ndk. Delete cache.ndk. Start Notes and these files will be recreated.

or

2)In extreme cases where the problem reappears I have taken a local copy of the users mail db and blown his server based copies away totally. Then I created a new copy from the local one back onto the server and a new replica of that on his failover server.

ND6 seems to be less tolerant of corruption than any previous version of Notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back