Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message n3905 Anyone have any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainarm

MIS
Nov 6, 2000
US
I am getting the error N3905 skip node or agent is not supported in this edition. I have been unable to figure out why. We have had this software working previously but we moved the drive to a different machine so had to reload the software. The solutions that I have found on the CA website seem to suggest using a package called the ProPack. However I can't seem to locate this software on my install cd. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how did you fix it.

Ainarm,

I'm having a similar issue with a network I just inherited, except my error code is coming up W3905.

I haven't been able to find anything useful on the CA site, but I've got 2 suspects. First, we're running in mixed mode with the server on Win2k and the client agents on NT4. Second, we also recently did some reinstalling of software.

Is it possible somewhere in the process the reinstall gets registered as a new client that exceed the licensing limit? I'm new to ArcServe and find the troubleshooting/error message interpretation areas of the documentation and CA's web very lacking.

I have ArcServe 2000 server build 1050 and agent build 1037 (both SP2).

Thanks,

Sean

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but it might as you did say you moved the backup drive.

I get a W3905 error when the server and agent are on different subnets in the office, but the backup works when they are on the same subnet.

HTH

I am having the same problem as you Ainarm have you been able to resolve?

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back