Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message Enterprise 9 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dthies

Programmer
Mar 12, 2003
DE
When I start a report with a larger amount of datas from the enterprise server I get the following error message:

The limit value for the maximum processing time or high number of data records is achieved.

The same report with a lower amount of datas functions very well.

Any ideas?

Thies

Hi,
By default, CE limits the # of records returned ( I forget the number, however) - you can change this behavior with a command line option of the pageserver service:
Code:
	Command Line: &quot;\\<YOURSERVER>\<YOURDRIVE>\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\WCS\pageserver.exe&quot; -service -name <servername>.pageserver -ns YOURAPSSERVER -restart - maxDBResultRecords 0

The -maxDBResultRecords 0 disables the limit entirely.

[profile]

Hi, I am using Crystal Enterprise 9.0 with JAVA SDK, in the architecture diagram, i saw there is one web server which calls web connector and then web connector takes care of everything using WCS,So
Can Anybody tell me, how exactly Web Server (Weblogic) calls web connector.
Thanks in Advance.

Question to Turkbear :

Within the crystal management console/server information there's the RAS-server (crystal report application server). Within the properties of this server, there's a database tab which displays the max. number of records.
Does the statement you gave here alter this property ? What if this property is already set to unlimited ? Do you need to run this statement as well ?

Thanks for you reply !!

Hi,
I do not know..I don't use the RAS, but, I suspect that the Pageserver still will need to have the command-line altered to allow unlimited records as well.

[profile]

Yes RAS and Pageserver have separate settings.

You can increase or even switch off the maxDBResultRecords setting, but I have found that the view on demand fails sometimes with rowsets that are larger than the default setting (e.g. just 40000 rows). Has anyone else experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back