Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message after system start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleezhelp

Technical User
Jan 2, 2005
PH
This morning when I booted up the computer the following error message was displayed:
The system has recovered from a serious error.

I looked at the error report and these are the two files which were listed:

c:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini082302-01.dmp

c:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Wer1.tmpdir00\sysdata.xml

Would someone please explain what this means. Any help would be appreciated. I am still learning alot about my computer. ( I am running a Windows home XP program).
Thank You.

Barb,
Thanks so much for the help. I'll check out the microsoft link. Joyce.

To get further information about the error look in your Event viewer.

Look in the System or Application folder. You can get to the Event Viewer via right click My Computer icon and select Manage.

Any errors logged in the Event Viewer can be expanded by double clicking on the error line.

Take any error I.D. number and search for it on this site.

Also check any "Information" line that mentions "savedump" and you should find reference to "recovered from a bug check". This is the Stop Error that caused your problem.

If your problem persists post back with this Stop Error.

linney,
Thanks, for the added information. I'll be looking into that. If I have any more of the error problem I'll be sure to post back with the Stop Error. So far the problem has not happened again.

Thanks again, Joyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back