Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Message 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,
I'm using jbuilder personal and I keep getting the error message 901. Which says that the package I'm using does not match the directory. Both the package and Main Java file are in the same directory. Can someone tell me what else is the reason for this error message. Thanks.

Try deleting your class directory, and then recompiling. Sometimes the class directory retains old copies of classes and dependanies to them (especiialy in JB4 & 5, not so much in 6). Usually if you have renamed a class and/or moved it's package.

If this does not help let me know. Because then it really means that you are trying to compile a class that has a package that is not matching the directory it is in.

A class file named
Code:
JTUtilities.java
with a package of
Code:
com.javathis.utilities
needs to be located in directory structure matching the package like so:
Code:
./com/javathis/utilities/JTUtilities.java
or in Windows
Code:
.\com\javathis\utilities\JTUtilities.java
The '.' represents the directory in your classpath storing this package.

Hope this helps...
Rodney

Thanks for the response. Everytime I compiled the .java file it would work the first time. Then for some reason the .java file would be in the working directory instead of the package directory. Oh well. Thanks again.

Are you using personal edition, pro, or enterprise?

(Personal edition as some quirks because some of the features for keepthings things in sync are not available until the pro edition.) Rodney

hai igot this problem also...i have zip file consist of timetable1.jpr ....how am i going to run this project ...if i try ro extract to folder and run it i got 901 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back