Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error {Lost Delayed-Write Data} 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jornk

MIS
Sep 12, 2001
US
I have been frequently getting the following error in my logs:

{Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to transfer file data from buffers to \Device\HarddiskVolume1. The write operation failed, and only some of the data may have been written to the file.

Searches of TechNet yield articles that relate to storage clusters, etc. and not to anything on Win2K Pro. I fear my HD is dying.

Thoughts?

According to Microsoft - installing Service Pack 2 to your Windows 2000 machine should take care of it.

Let us know if it works...
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

According to Microsoft - installing Service Pack 2 to your Windows 2000 machine should take care of it.

This was happening after I was already running SP2. Just for fun, I even re-installed SP2. No change. :(

Are you in a MS Clustering environment? Have you taken a cluster offline, and moved to another node?

MS has hotfixes for this if you are using MS Clustering - and you must contact them for a fix if this is the case for you.

This has to do with your Network I/O and buffer timeouts in a Clustered environment.
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Are you in a MS Clustering environment? Have you taken a cluster offline, and moved to another node?

No. Apparently I didn't make that part clear. This is just Win2K Pro (SP2) on a Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back