Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Log 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMayer

Programmer
Sep 23, 2000
US
I've been handed the responsibility of determining where some errors are coming from in our error log. They appear to be IIS related and I hope that someone else has seen these and knows how to fix them. The error:

"The configuration information of the performance library 'c:\winnt\system32\infoctrs.dll' for the 'InetInfo' service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.'

It is returning three of these errors for three different libraries. The other two are:

'c:\winnt\system32\aspperf.dll' for the 'ASP' service
'c:\winnt\system32\w3ctrs.dll' for the 'W3SVC' service

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Andrew

Sounds like you need to re-apply the NT/2000 service pack. Some of the components might be out-of date.

Chip H.

You receive Event ID 2003 when loading performance counters?
If during the installation of Windows 2000, you:
- Have Setup format at FAT or FAT32 boot drive

- Have Setup install IIS in the same process

opening System Monitor to add counters will generate an Event Id in the Application log similar to:

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\w3ctrs.dll"
for the "W3SVC" service does not match the trusted performance library information
stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\infoctrs.dll"
for the "InetInfo" service does not match the trusted performance library information
stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\aspperf.dll"
for the "ASP" service does not match the trusted performance library information
This problem doesn't happen if you had chosen NTFS, or installed IIS later.
To resolve the problem:

1. Open a CMD prompt.

2. Type the following commands:

cd /d %SystemRoot%\System32
unlodctr w3svc
unlodctr asp
unlodctr inetinfo
lodctr w3ctrs.ini
lodctr axperf.ini
lodctr infoctrs.ini

I have tried this and it has not worked anyone had any other ideas.. It may help but i am getting this error on my windows 2000 clusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back