Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Log 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjforcum

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
How do I clear errors in the Error & Alarm logs?

Usually it's an analog line reporting an error, so I turn off the testing, but the error remains whenever I run the report?

TIA,
Steve

Steve:

Use the command "clear errors". This will clear the error log. You may also use the test command with clear appended to the end. For example, If you receive an error on Trunk 1 member 36 you could enter the command "test trunk 1/36 long clear". This should resolve any errors and remove the entry from the Alarm Log.

Hope this helps!

fonedoc

fonedoc,

I probably should have included this earlier...I'm using ver 6 and it doesn't appear that I can add alarm or error to the clear command. Just AMW, Events, measurements & port...

So the question should be how do I clear the error & alarm log warnings in a V6 switch? :)

Thanks,
Steve

try " test alarm long clear"...

BIS,

Alarm is not an option for test.

What switch is this? si, R, prologix?

On my R's I usually clear the alarm long with the test command.

I think that you dont have the right to do that.
Could you please look at your service level and your permissions first.
"disp login XXXX" (XXXX = your login ID)
If you cant do this comand try than "list login"
and "display permissions XXXX"
(XXXX = your login ID)
Check the permissions so that you know what you can do.
that should be the reason that you dont see all the commands

Greets, Bob

I'm setup as a super-user. I have Facility test call & Remote Access enabled....but those are the only options I see.

Is this enough? How can I change it?

check your permissions and look for the maintenance commands. At least you'll need maintain stations, trunks andsystem[/].
Anything else? Let me know!
Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back