Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error-Locked table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufsabres

Technical User
Nov 27, 2003
CA
The error is The database engine could not lock table 'ProdSum4' because it is already in use by another person or process. I get an action failed on my last query before my report when I use my command button to run my macro. However when I just run the macro, it works fine. Why do I get this error when all I have open is the database window and the form with the command button on it? What do I have to change to get my macro to run from the form?

Yes it is. I have two buttons one the form, one to enter a date range and the other to run a macro which has 6 queries and a report. The record source is the last query before the report. What should the record source for the form be?

without more detail on exactly what you are trying to do i couldnt say.

simply though, you cant run any kind of action query on a recordest while you have a form open that is using that recordset.
if you want a button to do that youll have to create an unboiund form, i.e. a form that isnt linked to any recordest.

free, anonymous advice provided by the whole world

I have taken out the record source from the form and it works just fine.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back