Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error loading IOS on a 3660 router "flash sector will NOT erase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

baye

Technical User
May 29, 2002
ZW
Hi all I am having some issues with a 3660 router that i want to load an IOS ofr..I have tried i am confirguring using terminal services/secure crt and I have tried 4 different IOS's but no joy. Search on the net brings up nothing ! Can anyone please help ??!! this is the error i get when i do xmodem copy :

rommon 2 > xmodem -c c3660-i-mz.122-28b.bin
Do not start the sending program yet...
device does not contain a valid magic number
dir: cannot open device "flash:"

WARNING: All existing data in flash will be lost!
Invoke this application only for disaster recovery.
Do you wish to continue? y/n [n]: y
Ready to receive file c3660-i-mz.122-28b.bin ...
Erasing flash at 0x30000000sector erase failed at location 0x30000000, status 0x
flash sector will NOT erase...aborting
rommon 3 >

come on cisco techies !!!! surely SOMEBODY can help me with this !! search on the net is not helping me much hope you guys can help thanks in advence

phew thansk for the reply ! it wasnt the flash it wasnt the IOS...just splashed around in the mud till it got ok ! thanks though for the reply !

Your problem may be recurring if there's a bad contact between the flash and the motherboard.

I have exactly same problem. How did you solve it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back