Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error loading Client Application SCCS 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
The instructions at "0x00010107" referenced memory at "0x98016103" the memory could not be written.

Has anyone seen this error when trying to load the Symposium client. Getting this on brand new machines.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

This problem appear only on new machines with more than 500 M of RAM or high CPU frequency.
Install last Symposium Client patches from Nortel ESPL library and problem will be solved.

Make sure you install G015C first then SU12C and finally G018C

If these are Client Patches, don't I need to load them after the Client is loaded?

I get this error when trying to load the Client Software to a new machine.

John

hmm
I think you are gonna have to take the ram out of your client PC, and make it 500 mb

Then, install Classic Client + patches and put the ram back in

Not sure of any other workarounds.

Does it pass the pre-install check and then start loading and do this in the middle of the load? Is it possible that there are "remnants" of an install that are still there. I have had to go into regedit and clear some of those manually to get a good install.

Then the other resort is to load the Sybase portion first, and then the client after you load Sybase.

In my practice similar problem were occured with old version of Sun Jre in Sybase client portion installation.
Do the next:
1) Download Jre update from sybase site (link: 2) Copy Symposium Classic Client on PC hard drive
3) Change old Sybase Client Jre on newly downloaded Jre
4) Try install

Good luck!

As far as I remember the problem with JRE was on older version of SCCS Client and the reason was Pentium 4 CPU. Be sure that you have SCCS Client Version 4 Revision 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back