Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Linking to SQL Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdeleon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2002
US
I have an SQL Db that I have been trying to link Access to. There are about 15 sql tables and all but one of them is linking correctly. When I view this particular table in access, the fields display #DELETED, but the number of records is correct. If I import the table, the fields are displayed correctly. Has anyone seen this before?

I inherited the sql db, but the problem table does not seem to have any peculiar attributes about it.

I'm stumped! Any ideas?

Rene'

Sounds like there may be some special permissions on the SQL table. Try selecting just some columns from the table - if you get results, continue to add columns until you have a problem. Then go inspect the problem column. I get a similar result (#NAME) when I access a linked Sybase table when the column contains personal info or passwords.

You may also want to drop the link and try recreating it. -- Just trying to help...
[wolf]<--- This is a wolf? We need a new icon.......
mikewolf@tst-us.com

I have seen this as a problem with Access and ODBC connectivity.

Try to connect to the same tables via Excel and you will not see the #DELETED# error.

Some of the problems that we have to live with in the &quot;MicroSoft&quot; world.

Sandip
shahs@microdental.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back