Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error joining Win 7 Pro Computer to 2003 Server domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunJunBK

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2008
US
I have a new Win 7 Pro pc that I am trying to join a 2003 domain.

I am able to ping the DC and DNS servers fine.

I get the following message:

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "mydomainname.com":
The network path was not found

Did I overlook something?

"That's not thunder, I just kick hard."
JunJunBK

On the Windows 7 machine is Network Discovery turned on?

"Network discovery is a network setting that affects whether your computer can find other computers and devices on the network and whether other computers on the network can find your computer"

"Network Path Not Found" Error Message When You Try to Add Workstation to Domain

Vista - AD: "Network Path Not Found"

Yes Network Discovery is on. I have tried manually entering both DNS and WINS Server IP Addresses with no luck.

JunJunBK

Is the Windows 7 machine being thwarted by any firewalling, or other security programs that have firewalling components, on either the client or server?

What does Windows 7 tell you when you look at the Network Sharing Center?

Control Panel\Network and Sharing Center. What do you see if you click on "See full map"?

It may be a good idea if you post in the Server Forums too as they are more likely to have a solution to your problem.

Thank you for the help. Resolved the issue by reloading Win 7 Pro on device. Joined to work domain with no issues.

JunJunBK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back