Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error installing volo view express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
I'm getting this message when installing volo view express. This has only happened recently so I'm wondering if it's "windows update" related.

[Windows Installer]
[Error opening istallation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable]

Has anyone seen this. This has happened on the last two laptops I've setup.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
[hammer][lickface]

Hi

This is from Autodesk site:

"During the installation, setup must be able to create a file called acadinstall.log in the current user's temporary folder. If the temp folder is not defined at all on your computer, the file cannot be created and the error occurs...

Ensure the TEMP environment variable is pointing to a valid location and that the location is not marked read-only"...

Look the next link:

Bye
Pedro Treviño

Peth,

Thanks. Looks like I didn't search AutoDesk's site hard enough. Yea, the autoexec.bat had the temp dir defined as just c:\. I changed the folder, rebooted, and then I could install the program. Thanks for the help my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back