Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error installing DBD oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaaa

Technical User
Jan 15, 2002
US
Hello guys,
I'm unable to install DBD for oracle. First i installed
DBI-1.40 it was successfull, then i try to install DBD-Oracle-1.15 there is no problem with perl Makefile.PL, and it was successfull, but 'make' is giving me the following error.

ix4 -lkstat -lm -lthread -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
ld: fatal: library -lclntsh: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracl
e/Oracle.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
Please help me someone I'm stuck here.
-Alpha

Hi Alhpa,

Do you have your oracle client software installed and environment variables set correctly?

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Hi,Mike
Oracle client is already installed and env is set according to Oracle Database. Mike do you mean any specific Oracle enviornment need to be set for perl modules, so please let me know.

Thanks,
Aplhaaa

standard oracle environment should be sufficient, there's some other problem here

do you have the library clntsh ?

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

There are two location where lib is located. I found the library clntsh in /export/home/oracle/lib with extention .map and .lis, however i could not found the clntsh library at /export/home/oracle/rdbms/lib folder.
I'm pretty sure that both of the location for that library was searched. Here is the little buffer with verbos mode after perl Makefile.PL -v
Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::Oracle ()
chmod 644 Oracle.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
LD_RUN_PATH="/export/home/oracle/lib:/export/home/oracle/rdbms/lib" gcc -G Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci7.o oci8.o -L/opt/SUNWcluster/lib -R/opt/SUNWcluster/lib -L/export/home/oracle/lib/ -L/export/home/oracle/rdbms/lib/ -L/export/home/oracle/lib/ -L/export/home/oracle/rdbms/lib/ -lclntsh /export/home/oracle/rdbms/lib/kpuadef.o -lnbeq8 -lnhost8 -lnus8 -ln8 -lncrypt8 -lnk58 -ln8 -lncrypt8 -lnldap8 -l ..................

How annoying, sorry - I don't know. I'm presuming that copy of the library has its permissions set correctly.

Can you compile other programs that have to link routines from library?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back