Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error insert into Database!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkyeong

MIS
Aug 7, 2002
US
I want to copy data(selected Fields,not all fields) from TABLE1 to TABLE2.............

I had a SQL insert statement e.g.

Insert into TABLE2 (Field1,Field2.......) (Select Field1,Field2....... FROM TABLE1 where Field1 ='1234')

The statement seems doing well when the Selected Fileds is small. However, when i select more fields, its prompted invalid column name in Internet Explorer......

Hence, i try to print out the statement and copy it to TOAD (a query tools), the statement seems running well.....

Would it cause any error if i put the SQL statement too long in my asp script? what other way i could use? Pls help and advice....thanks.

What field names do you have? Maybe you are using an invalid field. Can you post the entire SQL statement please.

Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

Hi, I response.write out the statement and paste it to TOAD (SQL Query Tools), it seems running well, so, i guess it is not invalid column problem. Anyway, please advice. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back