Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in retrieving tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkmonsteruk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2002
GB
I'm doing a bit of work on a universe at the moment based on a db2 database, however whenever i try pick more tables to insert i get the above error message with details as follows -

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0969N There is no message text corresponding to SQL error "-725" in the message file on this workstation. The error was returned from module "DSNLXRSS" with original tokens "CURRENT SQLID(*PRIOR FAILURE*) DUN1 ". SQLSTATE=42721
{SQLTables}

Anybody have any ideas what this might be?

Hi,

Looks more like a DB2 error and not BO Specific. I will leave this to blom. He should be able to understand the error message.

Sri

Thanks Sri for handing this one :) Looks like an error message within an error message.
SQL error - 725 should relate to :
"THE SPECIAL REGISTER AT LOCATION WAS SUPPLIED AN INVALID VALUE" (which is pretty meaningless i think)
Are you ( funk) still able to connect to the database using the authorization id that you use for the universe connection? What is the value for maxagents for the DB2 database? Looks and feels like connection trouble

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Yes, it's an interesting problem, when i check the connection BO tells me that the server is responding (so user id and password are intact), where would i find a value for maxagents?

open up a command window from server console, right-click on the window and set properties for buffersize (of the window) to about 120, this way you will be able to scroll back through all the settings
Issue the following:

db2 get dbm cfg

which gives you all the database managers settings (inclusing a setting that specifies the maximum number of databases active and a setting for max agents)

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

blom [smile],

The moment I see DB2 in the Message I knew it is meant for you. You're the person to give a perfect reply. It shows in this thread as well [2thumbsup].

Cheers,
Sri

That is too much praise upon me, I am really puzzled by the error message. Technically, if max agents is to low the workload from combined user activity can no longer be adequately handled , but the default setting is 200. I wanted to check if this was no set much lower.

To check if agents are stealing connections from each other:

issue:

db2 get snapshot for database manager

and look at:

Agents stolen from another application

If his is larger than zero, number of max agents should be increased.

However, there may be a perfectly good other explanation for funk's problems, so i'll investigate a little further...

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

This problem has now been solved, aparently it was down to my access rights on this particular database.

After i initially logged on somebody thought i was trying to sabotage the database, so my access rights were restricted.

Very strange, cause i could still access the database through command prompt....

Thanks for your help anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back