Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in old Sage Accpac 5.6 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

casonddd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2017
CA
Hi,

I have a user on a Win 7 PC that now can't get the Order Entry module running from his PC. It was OK on Tuesday. If he logs in on another station in the office it's fine. I have UN-installed the entire program and re-installed it with no change in the error.

The error log we see is: a Sage Accpac UI Container Box pops up that says: Sage Accpac UI Container has stopped working
Check on line or Close the program.

In the Problem details we see:

Problem Signature____
Prob Event Name: APPCRASH
App Name: A4WCONTAINERXP.EXE
App Ver: 5.60.38
App Timestamp: 4ae658a2
Fault Mod Name: StackHash_42b6
Fault Mod Ver: 0.0.0.0
etc , etc

Can anyone help me with this error please?

Cheers'
Dave

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b5fb569a-042e-42b4-94a1-319b164b6575&file=tonydead1.png
Disable UAC
Add A4WCONTAINERXP.EXE to DEP
Make sure the Accpac service packs are installed
Run REGACC using "Run As Administrator"

Sage 300 Certified Consultant

Hi Ettienne,

Thanks for the reply .....

So go on the users PC and disable UAC? Already done!

They've been using Accpac 5.6 on the PC for years - this crash is new thing.

- So when you say add the AW4CONTAINERXP to DEP - what is DEP?

- As for service packs - we're sort of stuck where we are. I think if I tried to add service packs or
anything to the back end that action it would probably break the system for the rest of the users.
I don't want to take that risk.

My usual workaround is to nuke and pave that users tower PC and re-install everything from a clean drive
and start over from Win 7 install, Office 365, and then the workstation setup from the WSSetup folder from
the Accpac server as normal. That's usually the "fix" for stubborn login's to the Accpac and Misys around
here. (grin)

As it is, I have a laptop up with him now and moved his desktop over to it and he now has his 365 email
and files on that laptop and when he loads Accpac and Misys - it's happy.

That's why it's odd in this case, from other PC's in the office he can login as normal and work in both
Accpac and Misys and I already have done the removal of the Accpac and Misys and then did a fresh reinstall
back to his tower PC for both Accpac and Misys but it didn't change the crash error in that tower, we just
keep getting the same error, so it looks like a nuke and pave is the way to go.

Do you have anything else I can try without touching the back end?

Cheers'
Dave

Hi Ettienne !

Yep, See now that one I can do ..... (grin)

But first I'll yank that old Seizegate drive out of here and go grab a new WD Black.

I have a feeling that the drive is "helping' this problem and I've had to do that about
7 times over the past two years with the older Seagate's I have around here.

Thanks for help!!

Cheers'
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back