Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in file Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am just starting to build my data dictionary in Crystal. I put one table and its fields in and test it and everything works fine. I put the next table in with the proper links and it gives me these errors: First one is "Error in file links. Warning: Fields in the report from the file **** cannot be linked." then "Dictionary integrity error". I have tried several things and whenever trying to link the two tables these errors always appear. Any ideas?????

Check that you are linking the exact same data type and field size. While this /shouldn't/ be an issue, it sometimes is. If everything appears to match, try running a query where table1.field = table2.field and see what is returned. Database Man
Defender of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of accurate database reporting! Follow my free tek-tip adventures at:

DatabaseMan,

Data types are the same and the field size is the same with the two fields I am trying to link. I ran the query that you suggested and got back the correct data. Thanks for your suggestions and I will gladly try anything else. Because I am still getting the error when I try to run a simple report in Crystal. Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back