Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in Excel Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

totti24

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
MY
Hi there. I need some help here.

When i refresh my report in Excel, I encountered this error - 'An unexpected error has occurred' in Microsoft Excel 2000.

The funny thing is, it only happens on Windows 98 machines and not on Windows NT Client machines. Therefore, I assume that, nothing is wrong with my cube (since the report is build from a cube).

When I tried to build a new report (from the same cube) in Windows 98, it was OK. I was able to drag all the dimensions and place it into the row area and page area. As for the measures, I was only able to place some of them into the data area.

The reason I said some is, 1 - 2 measures gaves me the above mentioned error when I tried to place it into the data area. I don't understand why. I don't think there's something wrong with my cube, as I mentioned before, everything was fine in Windows NT Client.

is it because of Windows 98? but other reports work well under this OS. Only for 1 cube that this problem exist.

hope to receive anyone's help. Thanks in advance.

Did you check that you have the same versions of MDAC on both Windows 98 and NT (4.0?)

Joe

hi joe,

will MDAC affect this problem?? coz only certain measures in the report are affected. what i mean is when i place some measures into the data area in the report, the message i mentioned will appear, whereas for some measures, it was ok.

I am no expert, but I think it could. I was having issues where the pivot tables would not work correctly on certain clients, not exactly the same problem as you, the problem was MDAC versions wern't consistent. This is a long shot, but I'd least take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back