Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in event viewer (Enterprise 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonsales

Programmer
Oct 9, 2003
ES
I'm using COM viewers to see reports, and when I launch it, in "event viewer" of web server appears next error message:
"The description for Event ID ( 35710 ) in Source ( Crystal_dllhost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Failed to install plugin CrystalEnterprise.Report due to the following reason: Error occurred when installing the plug-in. Error code: 65, message: Network access is denied."

What is this????
What is the problem???
Thanks!!

I think your problem can be summed up in the error message received:

Error code: 65, message: Network access is denied.

You do not have proper network permissions either on the server or a remote share point on the network. Very possible it could be your local PC. Contact your system admin team and ensure you have at least "Power User" rights on your local PC and see if they will give you Modify rights to the Crytal Enterprise server. This *should* eliminate the error message you received. Since you gave no specifics as to your computing enviroment, we can only speculate what the root cause is.

Since you're a programmer, I am going to assume you are fimilar with what a DLL is and how it operates. Another option would be to apply the latest patch files from Crystal Decisions for the version of Crystal Reports you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back