Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyncube

Technical User
May 29, 2003
GB
Hi Guys

I'm trying to access an application through citrix metaframe and I get the below error message

Network or dialup problems are preventing communication with the Citrix Server. An attempt to automatically restore the connection will begin after a delay to let the network network recover. If the problem persists, please contact you system administrator.

Connection name: (IP Adress ***.***.***.***)
Seconds until reconnect: 13

Any idea's guys. Thanks for you help in advance.

Can you ping the address of the server? What type of connection is this? LAN/WAN?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Yes - I can ping the server. The server is on a WAN.

Is there possibly a firewall blocking you, any other computers that can connect okay? Can you telnet to port 1494 on that server?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

There is a firewall but the pc's have been added to the access list and should be able to go past it.

I cant seem to telnet to port 1494?? What listens on that port?

That's citrix, I would see if another computer that does connect can telnet to that port. If so, then its likely something at the firewall.

Matt J.

This seems to work now. It was a corrupt MSLicensereg key. I had to delete it. Make a backup of the registry. then allowed the OS to rebuild itself.

Thanks for the help - it actually opened my knowledge to other area's.

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back