Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Importing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1001875

Programmer
Mar 14, 2001
US
Recently when importing data I have been getting the error "There is no object in this control". This had been working and appears to have quit working after I tried setting a database password in a different database for web use. Now my main database (not for the web), where I didn't try this, will not allow me to import data using the Table>New>Import Data method. I get this error after selecting the file to import. The file I am trying to import is comma delimited (tax rates). I have repaired MS Office 2000, removed Access and reinstalled. Script that imports results from a file work.

Hi Charlie,
You probably have an ActiveX control that is on your form and as the form is imported in to your new database, because there is no reference to it, you receive this message. Try to remark which form it is, go to it and see which control (it's probably "whited out". If perhaps it is a calendar control, you would go to any visual basic module, Tools-References and browse for files of type OCX in this computer. In this example you would look for something like MSCALxx.OCX, and add it to your reference list. You may additionally have to move its priority up or down in the list. Tip: Click on the "whited out" control and check its properties: Data tab-Class will give you a clue to what you're looking for. ;-) Gord
ghubbell@total.net

If I was using a form then I could see the possiblity but I am using the methods as provided by Access for 'Table>New>Import Table' when I get this error. I think this is a wizard so checked the installation and it shows the wizards installed. Where I import data from a script attached to a form it works correctly.

Right. Sorry Charlie. I need specs... Have you tried this on something else (perhaps a simple Excel sheet or whatever) to see if it is in fact Access and not what you're trying to import? I recommend frequently for folks to create a fresh database and import all their old stuff in to it. This sometimes helps to keep the wires from getting all crossed... Usual excuse: Gremlins!?! ::) Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back