Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error id #c1041721

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmurray

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2003
US
We are attempting to upgrade from 5.5 sp4 to exchange 2003.
We have a server with windows 2003 with exchange 2003 that we added to the site. Whenever we run exchange system manager and click on the first storage group of the exchange 5.5 server we get an error message saying:
the action could not be completed because the information store is unavailable. operation: retrieving mount information. ID no: c1041721

i know the information store is available because it is our production exchange server.

i am thinking that the problem is related to a failed exchange 2000 install that we had about 6 months ago and that has hosed up our AD.

unfortunately, no one has responded to this, I have the same exact scenario except I have ecx2k on server2k.

did you get an answer?
any more info?

Did either of you get a response to this? I've just encountered the problem.

I had to manually start the exchange information store which fixed the problem. This is set to start automatically, but it didn't.

Me too on exchange 2000 (small business server)
The mount command is greyed out so I cannot even try to mount it. Any ideas anyone?

Your firewall is stopping the pop3 and imap4 services, start them and then you can mount again craighack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back