Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

...error help

Status
Not open for further replies.

achowe

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
GB
Can anyone help me out with the following error RPT0001: Description as below:

"You tried to turn a table which contains only dimension/detail variables or only
measure variables into a chart using either the chart toolbar or the Turn to Chart
command. To display data in a chart you need at least one measure variable and
one dimension or detail variable."

but what if I only need measures and have no use for anything else in the report? Any ideas?

Thank you!

But how,

A chart is by definition made up by at least 2 axis. How else would you want to plot your data anyway?
Do you want just one column. Create a dummy dimension for all measures and use that on the x-axis........

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Ok, have tried this but still no luck...all measures have a dummy dimension and the error still appears....

Did you use the format chart option to literally assign the dimension to the x-axis and the measure to the y-axis?

This is not always done automatically.
Otherwise send the report (save for all users) for me to look at.

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

I dont see how I can assign the variables if I cant produce the chart in the first place.........

Ok, step by step:

Create a variable, say DIM_DUMMY
in formula add = "DUMMY"
My BO version resets this variable to a detail (OK)
Add a column to the cell containing the measure
Assign the new variable to this column
Rightclick on the table and select 'turn to chart'
Choose chart type.

Et voila you have a chart with 'dummy'on the x-axis and the measure on the y-axis.

If this does not succeed at your side, drop a line and I'll send you an example

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back