Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error from Networker Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jar251169

Technical User
Oct 16, 2001
ES
Hi, I have a problem. I have a new Win2000 Networker Server v6.1.1. Apparently all worked fine and when jukebox terminated its blank tapes I marked some tapes as recycled but Networker don't use it and it is waiting for writable volumes.
I have tried perform an inventory from Networker Administrator (autochanger operations) but I get this error:

Server <server name>: No such file or directory

I have tried label tapes but the error is the same. I'm lost at this moment because I don't know which is the problem:

- Is a configuration problem of jukebox?
- Are there any files missing?
- Is possible repair it?

Thanks in advance.

Delgado

Verify that Windows 2000 itself sees the tapedevices.
If not, check cabeling, terminations and that everything is connected and powered on.
Had the same error a long time ago when trying to perform any tape/jukebox operation. It turned out to be a SCSI connectivety error.

Regards,
StefanS

Have you disabled RSM(Windows 2000 Removable Storage Media service or something like that). NetWorker does not play with RSM. Info on how to disable is in the Admin Guide. Sometimes someone comes in and reenables without telling you

Cheers
pt

Run inquire and see what it tells you. If you don't have the name of the tape device when inquire reports (\\.\Tape0, etc) then you will need to make sure not only that the OS sees the tape drive(s), but also that the drivers are loaded. Once that is done, networker will see the drive(s) correctly. Also, as stated above, you must disable RSM.

Hi everybody, thanks for your answers.

Well, now backup is working, is rare but I followed this steps... I had revised all configuration and the tape was well configured (output of inquire command was correct), then I disabled tape1 from devices + OK and later I enabled tape1 from devices + OK......there was a miracle, tape1 started to work fine.

I think that it was a strange state of Networker....

Thanks

Delgado.

This is a strange behavior that has been around for a long time, depending on what version and platform you have. The safest way to get Networker to immediately use recycable tapes are to re-lable them. Otherwise you can try running nsrmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back