Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error - failed to connect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevken

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
GB
Does anyone know what this error means?

Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=\\AXXXXMSEXCH03\dbaxchg2, EC=Windows Error 17: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive.

It appears in the log file from Arcserve 11.1 and exchange 2003

type "net helpmsg 17" in cmd

=> The System cannot move the file to a different disk drive.

Hi ,

Ran the exchange agent configuration with the correct account specified (like dbagent...etc)and make sure that it is completed succesfully

Restart the backup agent rpc service and while running the
backup give correct credentials to backup the bricklevel

(Just make sure that you are able to expand the mailboxes)

cheers

Here is an error I get when I try to edit the back up job for exchange.

A window pops up when I click on brick level. It states

Server Name: Back up agent Error -- (17) Exceeded Maximum number of users for this version of back up agent.

Am I right in saying that the agent has a limit to how many mail boxes it can back up? If so does it base this figure on actual mailboxes or user accounts. i.e can I blitz the unused mail boxes but keep the accounts in active directory?

Hi,

Ensure the Exchange agent config runs fine..
Start the agent RPC service with the account used to configure the agent..
recycle agent RPC..

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Work a treat guys :)

I did a tes back up and it worked but the RPC service stopped right after the back up LOL. Here is hoping that this isnt a daily occurence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back