Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error encountered by Crystal PageServer

Status
Not open for further replies.

megias

Technical User
Jul 4, 2001
ES
Hello to everybody,
I have a big problem.
When I schedule a report I get this error:

The error message returned is:

Error detected by database DLL. [On Page Server: BDC.pageserver]

Anyone know what is happening?

Thank you very much

If the report requires parameters, you can't (or at least I haven't figure out how to) schedule it from the CMC. The error you see is the one I got when I tried. Essentially its saying that it doesn't have the info for the parameters.

You can schedule reports with parameters from eportfolio fairly easily. The only thing to remember is to go to the parameter tab before sceduling.

If that isn't your problem, do you get the same result when hitting the "run now" button from the instances tab in the CMC? How about when you try "preview" from the CMC properties tab? Does it prompt you for any values or just run?

Lisa

The problem still appears at the eportfolio and the CMC. I go to the parameters and after that I schedule it. I don't know what's going on.
I'm getting crazy....

Thank you for your time.
Any idea else?

J. Megias

If is error detected by database dll, it should have same error even you run in report design mode. If it requires you the parameter value, then it's another story. Try to run report in report design mode, verify database >> fill in parameter >> check each page of report (some times it happened in specified area, i.e. you have subreport inside.)

Ted

I don't have any problem in design mode, it runs without problems. This report doesn't have a subreport and I don't know where is the problem.
Thank you very much.

Juan

Okay, one last stab. You say it runs fine in design mode.. Is that on the server using the same logon that your CE services run off of?

I know that sounds picky.. but sometimes you need to get to that level to figure out these problems.

Lisa

If you are using odbc connection as data source then an odbc system DSN has to be set up on the CE report server with the identical name as the one where the report was developed. That datasource name is hardcoded in the .rpt file. Hope this helps.

From
Solution

This message appears because the report's database is referenced in the report using a mapped drive.

Mapped drives are created when a user logs onto the computer and are only available while that user is logged in. If that user in not logged onto the computer, the mapped drive is not available.

CE services impersonate accounts but do not actually log on to the computer. Therefore, even if a CE service runs under the domain account that mapped the drive, the mapped drive is not recreated when the CE service is running. For this reason, CE servers cannot connect to a database referenced using a mapped drive.

To resolve this, complete the following steps:

1. Open the report in the Crystal Reports designer on the Page Server.

2. On the 'Database' menu click 'Set Location' and then click the 'Convert to UNC' button. The 'File' box now displays the UNC path of the database files.

For example, the location of a table called 'Test_Table' displays as \\computer_name\share_name\Test_Table.mkd

3. Click the 'Done' button.

4. If the report uses more than one database table, the 'Propagate Set Location' box appears. Click the 'Yes' button in this box. This ensures that all tables referenced in the report use the UNC path.

Now you can successfully view the report in either the CMC or ePortfolio.

Note:
The account running the Page or Job server must have permission to the UNC path specified for the report. You may change permissions on the shared folder or change the account running the Page and Job server in the Crystal Configuration Manager. Check the Admin guide for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back