Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error E6945 [0] error sending packet = ffffffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplebroom

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2000
GB
I am running ARCserve 6.1 SP2 for Netware 4.11.&nbsp;&nbsp;attached is a HP 6 tape DDS3 multichanger DAT drive.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>The autopilot job seems to run fine every night, but when I look in the tape server log, the message &quot;Error E6945 [0] error sending packet = ffffffee&quot;, after any operation is performed with the tape, such as an erase or format.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have tried searching for the code on the website but it is not listed.&nbsp;&nbsp;It doesn`t seem to be causing a big problem with the backups but I`m sure that it is not supposed to be there.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any suggestions gratefully recieved<br><br>rgds<br><br>purplebroom<br>

Purple Broom

The fff* errors at the end of an Arcserve error message are Netware errors. Go to the Netware site (often better than CA!). And look the error up there. Failing that do a full google or yahoo search (or whatever) and you should find something.

I just did a quick search but couldn't find this particular one. Sure you spelled it right ?.
They usually indicate the Netware transport layer failing for some reason. Check the other logs for more info that might help diagnose.

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back